Thread: Brake pads
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
RandallNeighbour

Ekam, you make a good point. However, the weights of the cars are drastically different and so is the age of the cars and their onboard technology (my boxster's a 1997 and the BMW is a 2007).

The brakes in the Boxster are quite good and I've no complaints... I just don't use them nearly as much as I brake in my BMW, and I brake completely differently as well, so it's quite subjective to me. The Bimmer will probably get factory pads next go-around to preserve the rotors longer and for the fact that the factory pads are quite good.

But we're hijacking this thread in a serious way now. Neekk1 wanted to know which pads are best for his boxster.

Neekk1, I've tried three different types of brake pads on my boxster since I bought it seven years ago, just to see if I could find a low squeak, low dust, street pad that didn't compromise braking in cold or hot situations. I think I'll spring for EBC pads next time around and see if the EBC pads make a big difference over the brands I've tried thus far.

If budget is of any concern, choosing Textar, Mintex, or Pagid will not give you any regrets with typical street performance. These are the brands I've tried and I did not dislike any of them.

You know, we should query the entire forum about what pads they are running and see which ones are the most popular. I'll see if I can set up a new thread with a poll on it.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote