View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
spine911

Talking

It is possible that the bearing inside the alternator would start failing and could start making noise...ALMOST ALL Alternators that are sold by a part shop or your local dealer are Rebuilt. Rebuilt Alternators also carry some warranty(approx. 6mo-1yr) depending on the dealer. The quality of Rebuilt Alternators are as good as your Brand New Alternator....I once purchased a Rebuilt Alternator from ****************************************.COM(Miami,Florida) for my 86 944 which i completely rebuilt about 4yrs ago(4yrs/85k miles since) and still performes like Brand New...Another alternative would be to find a local Starter/Alternator repair shop in your area and have it rebuilt.--will probably cost you below $100 to rebuild(same quality with warranty as well). Rebuilding/Reconditioning an Alternator is not Rocket Science and is extremely cheap/and easy to repair ...Im sure your local Porsche Dealer would take your core to be rebuilt by a local shop and resold for 10x the orig. repair cost....Having owned 3 previous Porsches before my Box, ived saved tons of $$$ just ordering quality Porsche parts from ****************************************. They are very knowledgeable with Porsches and has competitively priced high quality parts.

Last edited by spine911; 08-31-2005 at 07:04 PM.
spine911 is offline   Reply With Quote