View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #17
darkstormvx

Update

The good: I snatched an optima yellow top battery from advanced auto and after about 2 hrs building a hold-down, its in there. Ive NEVER heard my car crank up so strong. Its like night and day from the braille. Much better for my setup.

The bad: Even with the optima, there is still something wrong. I started it up the morning after (same strong start) and I had the hazards come on and the clock was reset to 12:00 again. At the mall, I went in and bought a shirt came out, sat down and put the key in, lights came up and as I turned the key everything cut off. Lights out in the dash but interior lights were bright. Key stuck again. Had guy come with jump box and popped hood. We had a hard time getting the power to flow thru when he put the clamps on. He had to wiggle the positive side as the dash lights flashed on and if it moved they cut off. Sometime dash lights came on, id turn key and it'd cut off. Finally started it and it started just as strong. When I started to drive off the headlights started dimming for a few seconds then stopped and I drove home.

Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? I put the battery in myself so I know the cables are tight and correct. The battery is brand new and a deep cycle. I feel it in my bones, it wasn't dead. What I do know...is that none of this ever happened (hazards coming on, key stuck no power, computer reset, and alarm went OFF unexpectedly 2 nights), none of it happened until I had the dealer install the braille battery. And I know it started happening right after they did it.

I swear its like something is stopping the flow of power. I doubt the braille caused these issues now.

Ignition switch? Maybe, but it happening RIGHT after battery swap is very coincidental.

Alternator? Maybe, Never had any problems with it.

Did the dealer cut a line or cross a cable? Should I just take it back? Any ideas are appreciated.

Last edited by darkstormvx; 07-12-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Update
darkstormvx is offline   Reply With Quote