Thread: CEL and codes
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Ok, reply time.

Danger: I honestly could not tell you what codes my indy pulled while he was working on it, though I may call him and see if he has them documented. What he told me was that the codes he was getting were indicating that the car was running lean, which led him down the path of finding a vacuum leak or seeing if the MAF was dirty and therefore sensing a leak when there wasn't one. Since the light hadn't come back on after he cleaned the MAF, he told me if it does come back on then the MAF likely needed replacing. I think it may have just not been driven quite far enough for the light to cycle back on. I was just listing the codes that I got after replacing the air filter and MAF and resetting the light this weekend.

Jager: Until I get my hands on a Bentley manual, I'll just have to live off of you guys and internet searching. My search for the P1117 brought up that coolant one, but I'm going to go by what you found in the book.

Yes, the battery was disconnected recently. It was done once at the shop while the car was getting the IMSR if I remember correctly, since the trip meter was at a lower mileage than when I left it and the clock was off time. It was disconnected again a few days later while the top was getting replaced, again because when I took the car back the trip meter was low and the clock was way off.

Thanks for the advice on the last code, I'll have to see what happens there. Hopefully I can get the car squared away before summer's out.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 07-12-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote