View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #9
Brucelee

I asked for one recently and was told, "Hey, we have never seen that, but your car is marked in our computer as "extended warranty." This leads me to believe that the coverage is the same that you can buy when you buy your new Porsche, but that is a hunch.

If it were me, I would never buy a CPO car unless they had a written coverage statement (contract) to hand me. Or, if in writing, they affirm that the new car warranty is simply extended.

However, that is not the way most CPO car warranties are sold and that is why CA is taking steps to regulate this a bit more.

Normally, I am agin regulation but in this case, I would support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onad
Does anyone on the board have a copy of what the "limited certified warranty" covers (or doesn't cover)? My 03 is certified, but I never recieved any information (even after requesting it) regarding what will change when the regular warranty ends and the certified kicks in.

Also, I read a couple of months back that Porsche had hired a team to go around to their dealerships to do random checks of their CPO vehicles. Apparently this is to ensure all cars meet the basic CPO standards and dealers don't cheat to earn a few extra bucks.

From a dealer's website:

"Once enrolled, your Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with the Porsche Approved Limited Warranty coverage of up to 6 years/100,000 miles, plus Porsche Roadside Assistance, an exclusive support service that offers added security when travelling."
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote