View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Johnny Danger

Garage
A couple of years ago I test drove LE '08 S . The reason being, was that I was trying to decide if I should purchase a new boxster, or go forward and invest the time and money with the body kit project that I had planned for my '02 S . This was my experience . Comparing both vehicles in their stock form, certain that it was, the 987 revealed significant improvements over the 986 with regard to styling, handling and performance, and overall refinement . Here's the kicker, however : in comparison to my vehicle (aka the Dangermobile) which has been heavily modified, and "dialed in" if you will, both vehicles felt like absolute, complete mush !! Now, this may seem like an apples to oranges comparison to some, but the point that I am trying to make is that the beauty of Porsches is that they're evolutionary vehicles . And, unlike other brands that seem to undergo drastic changes on an almost yearly basis, Porsches remain faithful to their original design philosophy and styling. And, regardless of the model year they are not easily opaqued by their successors. Especially, if one chooses to put their own "stamp" on his or her vehicle .