View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
sasha055

Just removed my snorkel! found couple of interesting things about my car..

First .. on US cars snorkel is on the driver's side right? I hope I didn't ripp-off something in a wrong place

It seems that PO tried to remove the snorkel .. 2 out of 3 tabs on the grille were broken.. and snorkel was stuck.. it took me almost 20min of gentle wiggling to make it move

Now as far as results...

1. Sound.. no improvements at all.. it seems (PLACEBO?) that it has more growl on idle and low rpms.. however on high rpms .. it's exactly same sound.. and I know how my car sounds at 4-5K rpm.. I'm that guy that is cruising at 4k rpms.. I know I know.. my mileage sucks

2. Power.. it maybe placebo.. but it seems that it got more torque especially in 1st and second gear at low rpms.. over 4K no visible improvements..

3. Best part: The engine is MUUUCH smoother.. before I could feel a bit of engine vibration on low RPMS.. now it's smooth as butter.

There was maybe something wrong with my car before.. but removing snorkel had an amazing effect on engine smootheness, maybe that's why I feel like it got more torque..

There was absolutely ZERO sound improvements.. I'm kinda disapointed a little bit

Thanks
Sasha

PS: my car is a 2000 2.7 boxster with 76K miles
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote