View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #36
BuffaloBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat7
Secondly on the rev match/ heel-toe topic, I have found that in most modern/ semi modern cars, the pedals are not spaced for proper heel-toe shifting. Most are now placed for more of a side step technique. This is when you use the brake with the ball and inner half of your right foot, when you are ready to rev match and downshift, you roll your foot toward the outside and shoudl come in contact with the gas pedal. I've found that if done properly, this makes rev matching much easier than trying to completely turn your foot and heel-toe. It will definately take some getting used to and some practice to learn when to apply the throttle and with how much pressure, but when mastered, this technique will help improve your cornering speeds as well as car control.
That's the way I've found it to be easiest to do as well, although you may run into problems during very heavy braking with your foot coming into contact with the gas pedal when you don't want it to.

The technique also makes the ride more pleasant for the passenger as downshifts are smoother and less obtrusive.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote