View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #8
mjw930

Generall, 0-60 times are effected by 2 things, weight and size. Assuming the same weight and size the straight line performance is unchanged.

I'm looking for information about the car's driving dynamics, especially in demanding conditions, I'm not concerned with 0-60 times.

Ok, here's the situation, The original owner acknoledges the swap of the factory 17's with MM 17" Cup 3's (turbo twist). He had no qualms and the wheels are in mint condition. I have the selling dealer in a position that they will offer me some compensation either in a check or new tires. They are a Mercedes dealership so they handle Michelin's (what I want).

Now, the tough decision, do I take the cash and try to find some reconditioned or take off factory 18's or do I keep the Aftermarket 17's and use the cash to put new tires on them? Also, with the MM's I have 7.5" and 9" widths so I have the option of doing 225/45x17 on the front. Here's my dilema, do I put the "N1" spec Michelin "Rib" Pilot Sports in the 205/50 and 255/40 sizes or go with the new PS2's (I have these on the V70R and love them) in the 225/45 and 255/40 size?

Decisions descisions........

Mark
'03 Boxster S
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote