View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
shlim8

Front Bumper removal

I followed the pelican parts article on removal of the front bumper. But after removing all the screws on top, below and on the sides behind the side indicators, I still can't remove my front bumper....

The front bumper seems to be stuck somewhere around the area of the 2 headlights. In fact there seems to very little movement of the bumper despite removing all the screw.

As I did not want to break anything or crack the paintwork, I put everything back for the day...

Question - should I pull the bumper straight off, is it fitted in very tightly or did I miss something ? The side of the bumpers (top corner) seem as though it would break if I pull the bumper straight towards the front, do I need to pull the sides of the bumper away from the body first ??

I pulled - 2 screws from the top of the bumper and at the bottom - 5 screws from the front and 2 on the sides. On the sides - total 4 plus I removed the plastic wedge rivet. Frankly I can't see any other screws that might be attached to the bumper.

What am I doing wrong ??
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote