View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #19
mdex

I stand by my inexcusable comment.

No one here is an angel, all of us have to some extent broken Traffic laws. The question here is the order of magnitude. 150 miles an hour on public roads leaves no margin of error. Any innocent bystander who you may have accidentally overlooked, and we all make mistakes, should not have to suffer for your ego boosting play.

Even if you're willing to die doing something stupid as driving double the posted limit in a straight line, and have no regard for the friends and family may leave behind, gives some thought to the time and cost to have the police and emergency workers scrape you off the pavement.

Far too often people forget that driving is a privilege, one we take it far too lightly here in North America. We forget to be courteous drivers, we don't think or plan for emergencies, and we do nothing to ensure that our skills behind the wheel are more than barely adequate.

In my opinion driving a Porsche doesn't entitle us to use the roads as a personal playground. Rather as someone who obviously values driving as more than a basic chore to get from A to B we should be held to a higher standard. We should set the tone on the roads. We should as a group be more aware, more skilled, and more courteous than those around us. We love driving, and be it on a race track, or driving to the corner store should we not display skills well above the norm.

Just my thoughts.....

Mostly stock... except for all the things that are changed.
www.dexterautosport.com

http://www.pbase.com/image/89146172.jpg
mdex is offline   Reply With Quote