View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
Jake D

I was already rolling 60mph so this wasn't a quarter mile drag or anything like that. I had the top up and windows up. Maybe the speedo is wrong at that those speeds, not sure, but that thing climbed to 149 before I let up. I've read on here about others hitting the 150's and some claiming 160 is doable. I personally don't think so.

@ Lil Bastard- I love this forum and have learned a lot from it, but I am constantly amazed by the amount of people on here who talk about babying their car and only occasionally drive it "spirited" or at the first sign of any trouble their first response is "have it towed to a shop." I understand that driving responsible is huge. My jab wasn't at you but there is no need for someone (not saying you did) on here to say that those guys deserved to die or be dicks about him driving too fast or irresponsible. I hope it wasn't a drinking and driving thing although that's the initial appearance. With little to no info on what "actually" happened, who's to say he didn't wreck from trying to avoid a deer or something. I was speeding one night in a civic and tried to avoid a deer and end up rolling my car several times. The ideal thing to do is mow that SOB over but its not your first reaction. And yes, I am young and dumb, but I work my ass of for the things I have and one of those things is my car. It might not have been the best decision, but I wanted to enjoy every aspect of it. Had to do that top speed run at least once!

Anyone know if there is a law about speeding on private property. I don't need to take it to a track if I want to rip off some 1/4 or 1/2 mile times. My stepdad's drive is a straight black topped mile long personal runway basically. My personal record on a Ducatti was around 150mph on my driveway.