View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
Idaho Red Rocket 3

Let me see if I understand the tone of this thread. We all have cars capable of handling curves at more than 30+ mph over the curves posted speed and top speeds of over 150 mph, but we can't use it. If this were so, then Porsche and other exotics should be banned and we should all just drive a Prius or a Smart For 2.

I don't think so.

I'm always sober. When the road is empty and I'm in a place that feels "safe", I too enjoy a burst of speed. Unfortunately we here in the USA don't have an "autobohn" anymore since Montana put a 75 MPH limit on their highways. Yes out here in the west we can find plenty of straight, empty open road to enjoy the limits of our cars. Please don't brand me as a wreckless jerk because I safely enjoy my car.

To tell you the truth, when my wife and I are on a roadtrip, I can't beleive how many Honda Minivans pass us like a Porsche. They seam to have something to prove to the 5 kids in the back. Seriously, we get passed all the time by Honda Minivans. Those damn things blow our doors off all the time.