View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Appleguy

New toy to tinker with

Hey everyone!

I've been a long time lurker around here and I finally decided it was time to buy a new toy. Its a 2002 Boxster (base model) with 50K miles on it.

I had a 911S "back in the day" which I sold prior to getting married. 3 children and 12 years later I figured it was about time I got back into Porsches.

This is strictly a car to tinker with and do some DYI stuff for myself and my son until he turns 16, at which time I'll hand the keys over to him. (he's only 9 right now so that means I get some time to play with it as well!) We are planning on doing a complete color change (maybe), body kit, rims, springs, and upgrading the interior. Its quite a long punch list, but we do have time on our side.

I do have one question for everyone... while washing the car today, I noticed that the side vent surrounds are different from the passenger side to the drivers side. Is this normal or has a past owner of the car changed something?

I look forward to chatting more with everyone here and getting some great ideas from everyone's awesome cars.

Cheers

Mark

The "tinker" toy (or "stormtrooper" as my son refers to it)

Passenger side Vent

Drivers side Vent

My daily driver
Appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote