View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #50
chaudanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
That is video is not my muffler, rather a video of someone else with the same muffler that I had. Alan, You are correct in your previous statement.

With the OEM headers and OEM cats, the farting was like you heard on the video, there but not that bad. When I put on the headers and took off the secondary cats, The sound was embarrassing. The awesome sound was always followed by a "PFFFFST" sound that bugged me.

On top of that, When I sent my car to Jake for the IMS replacement, He confirmed that with the headers and cat delete pipes and the muffler, the car de-tuned and retarded the timing because of low back pressure.

He advised me to put on the OEM muffler, and leave the rest. In doing that, I noticed better fuel economy and more low end power, but a wimpy sound.
Do you guys know how to determine if the timing is being retarted, and the car de-tuned/ in limp mode?

Is this possible to tell with Durametric?

Thanks in advance!

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote