View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #36
jhandy

That is video is not my muffler, rather a video of someone else with the same muffler that I had. Alan, You are correct in your previous statement.

With the OEM headers and OEM cats, the farting was like you heard on the video, there but not that bad. When I put on the headers and took off the secondary cats, The sound was embarrassing. The awesome sound was always followed by a "PFFFFST" sound that bugged me.

On top of that, When I sent my car to Jake for the IMS replacement, He confirmed that with the headers and cat delete pipes and the muffler, the car de-tuned and retarded the timing because of low back pressure.

He advised me to put on the OEM muffler, and leave the rest. In doing that, I noticed better fuel economy and more low end power, but a wimpy sound.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 06-13-2011 at 07:58 AM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote