View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 AM   #38
smshirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldriver53
I'm due for a tire change on my 2002 Boxster. I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, I need -17s, anyone here has comments or experience with these tires? I live in South Florida, hot year 'round, don't drive much, but when I do I like to open it up

Thanks,
If money isn't as issue you can't do much better than PS2s. They wear fast, but have great traction and are a bit little narrower compared to other tires of the same size. They are also quit a bit lighter than other tires of the same size.
Dunlop Direzza star specs have similar grip, are cheaper, but noisier and heavier than PS2s. Yoko advan neova 08s are also very good, and very quiet. For a weekend driver you can't go wrong with any of these tires, just depends on what's important to you. I tend to drown out the tire noise with the intake wail so I'm running the Dunlops right now. I just bought a set of CCW classic race wheels from a guy on pelican and can't decide if I'm going with one these three or put on a set Michelin pilot sport cups, which you might consider if you only drive weekends.