View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
AZCanna

Appreciate the feedback.

Yes, the one thing I can say is that I know it was cared for. I'll admit to scaring the crap out of myself over the IMS/RMS issues. In talking to a friend's brother who is also a boxster owner, he is at 43K on his '02 and planning on doing the retrofit, he agreed that 12.5 was a good price and that why not go the extra 1500-2k and do the retrofit as well for peace of mind.

I can't argue with the logic since the idea of even looking for an extended warranty for a 10 year old car is laughable. As far as the retrofit goes, I'm in that zone where I could need a single or dual row. Can't know without looking, but I'd like to order. Do I try to line it up back in NY when I pick up the car or find a mechanic out here that I want to work with moving forward and sweat the first 2500 miles home? I really wont be sweating it, cause if I thought that the car was going to blow up on me as I drove it out of her garage, I wouldn't be buying it. I also didn't mention that she offered me a payment plan if I needed it (I don't) so I'm sure our personal/professional relationship aside she doesn't think it will either.

Sorry for the rambling questions, especially since I already know I am buying the car. Think these forums are great, but part of me wishes I never clicked on that "Boxster IMS issues" link that brought me here in the first place. Although the amount of knowledge and some of the mods I've seen here are just awesome.

Thanks again.
AZCanna is offline   Reply With Quote