View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #26
san rensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman
Cars break down and have to have parts replaced. Some parts are poorly designed. There's a couple of revelations. At the end of the day it's what you get out of it. Cost / benefit. If that balance doesn't work for you, buy something else. Simple.

To the OP, having just finished the jobs myself, I concur with the earlier post to combine some jobs if you have to do your water pump. I did the front engine mount and low temp thermostat and fuel filter, and it sure opened the area up and made the jobs a lot easier.

PS, if you don't know what coolant you have and have to replace it, and want to avoid the possibility of gelling, either buy a lift for your garage or have the pros do the flushing of the old coolant. Ask me how many times I had to put my car up on jackstands...

Yeah, I just read Pedros write up on the waterpump amd he says loosening the motor mount and lowering the engine makes the job much easier, so I'm going to check the mount and if it isn't perfectly pristine, I'll replace it. I'm a firm believer in if it aint't broke, don't fix it, but I'm friends with the porsche dealer parts guy and he gives me wholesale/mechanics prices on OEM Porsche parts, so I can't really go wrong.
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote