View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
RandallNeighbour

I know your multiple dealer visits are frustrating, but as an owner of a boxster well out of warranty, those trips are no charge and what they're replacing as far as the MAF are concerned are $$$$.

And the scratch in the window is frustrating, but hey, you get a brand new top! That's a very nice gift that you'll enjoy for years to come.

This little sensor issue is panning out well for you dollar-wise, huh? Be happy!

In the future, if you get a CE light code that is O2 sensor related, buy four new ones from a discounted online source and have an independent mechanic replace them if you don't have a floor jack and a wrench and the hour or less it would take you to do it yourself... with your new MAF and these, you're probably going to be CE and engine stutter free for a while unless something quite odd happens to your engine.

Should another person ask me about buying an older boxster (4+ years old), I'm gonna recommend they save up and replace the MAF and all four sensors as a preventative maintenance measure sometime soon after they take possession of their car unless they have records showing this has already been done. The number of CE lights and poor performance posts on this forum surrounding these parts on aging Boxsters seems to warrant this recommendation, even though some Boxsters have 100k on them with the factory sensors working fine.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote