View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #8
xavier405

Update

Well so I took the car back to the shop. It still had the engine stutter that we thought got fixed two weeks ago.

The CEL had several fault codes all having to do with the air flow and O2 sensors, and the service department still couldn't diagnose the problem. After three or four days in the shop, they discovered the problem:

The Mass Air Flow sensor that they put in two weeks ago (a new part) had failed. Seems to be very odd, that a new part out of the box would not work. So they replaced that and now the car is running fine.

CHAPTER 2
About an hour after I got my car back, last Friday night, I realized that there was a scratch in the plastic rear window! (Shoulda done a walk around!) but I called the service right then and left a message of the problem. Long story short, we have talked a lot about it over the past week and they agreed to replace the convertible top. As the service manager looked over the car, I could tell the look of dread in his face... he knew that there is no fix for the window except for replacing the top.

So off we go, back to the shop!!! Agh!!
xavier405 is offline   Reply With Quote