View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
jrdiesel01

Post sounds and performance.

sounds[/B] the ghl exhaust and b&b headers combined have a low throaty sound in a loud fashion??. even during loud sound you can clearly hear the distinctive boxster engine sound while reving and cruising upto ~2600rpm after exhaust creates more great sound and decreases at ~2800rpm. while in idle or reving car sounds like 996 twin turbo!! or cruising at low rpm through residential streets. to sum it up you can control the sound with a push of the pedal and shift of the gear. setting off alarms i have not noticed. but the neigbors love it. ghl has great looks and saves weight its bout 40lbs lighter than stock.
performance i have not dyno tested car but noticed an (very needed) increase in throttle responce at all levels of rpm. lauch or on the run. feels more swift in traffic.
installation i would recommend speed gallery in studio city ca. w/sam tell him jr sent ya. (but wait) when i jacked the car up i noticed how easy it can be to install ghl and headers. yes the headers are straight "bolt on " also ghl
all you need is basic hand tools and liquid wrench. jack the car up and youll see.
overall love the sound of ghl and headers youll get noticed and increase in power and more looks. if you install it yourself save 500.00 in labor (100.00 for ghl)(400.00 for headers) and it is very worth it goes great with after market wheels and other modifications. ps we should get together for newport show saturday show on sept 17 @0600. this will give time to request permission from boss (home and work).

Last edited by jrdiesel01; 08-26-2005 at 10:17 PM.
jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote