View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
Jake D

Update: So I was bored yesterday morning so I drove down to parts express and I bought the 8" sub and stuff to hook it up (mainly because they said I can return within 30 days)... I thought it would lay flat behind my seat, but I wasn't able to slide my seat back far enough so that won't work. I don't really think it looked good behind my seat either because of the contour of the back firewall, the sub box didn't sit completely flush. So, I haven't found anywhere to really put it.

I went ahead and rigged it up temporarily to see how it sounds. It honestly sounds ok. I guess what you'd expect out of a $100 sub. I wasn't blown away or that impressed by it though. As my buddy commented "It makes the whole system sound "more" complete, but not too much more than what a good factory system should come with." My door "subs" sound like complete **************** so it does help make up for them but I'm still undecided if I want to keep it or not.

If and only if I find a decent more hidden spot for it, I may keep it, otherwise it will be going back. I just think it looked too rigged behind my seat for me to keep it there and I'm running out of ideas. If I come up with something creative I will let you all know.

In summary, if you want a little more bass and don't want to spend much for it, then this is not a bad product. If you're a audio enthusiast (which I'm not really) then you will not like this and should spend you're $ upgrading with higher end stuff.

FYI,I was using the factory headunit and my car has I believe premium sound. I have the factory amp thing in the frunk as well as the speakers under the roll bar deal.