View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
theitalianflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by timurbin
Thanks for the listing! I looked at the left control arm tonight (since that side is disassembled!) and sure enough- you can see the grease from the ball joint at the front end of the arm leaked all over the arm and the socket is torn. The listing you gave actually proves to be better deal than any place else I have found for oem parts.

Any reason why the seller says professional installation is required? Anything special about them that you found when installing yours? I need an alignment anyway along with new tires so... but any tips appreciated!

In any case, I owe you one theitalianflip!
Tim
Ya like I said, I did a lot of research on this topic and found this best solution .
I think the seller is saying pro installation is required just to cover his back, but its an easy install. The only hard part of the install is jacking up your car and getting on your back to install the arms. I'm a young guy and didn't mind it much (being 24 yr old lol).

The arms are very good quality and I liked them a lot. They also make the toe adjustable too. The only down side is they are a little heaver than the OEM, but I think the benefits out weigh the cost.

Here is the link for the install for a different forum, but you have to be a member to look at it:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/12646-diy-replace-rear-upper-control-arms-track-arms/

Hope this helps again!!
theitalianflip is offline   Reply With Quote