View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #85
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Don, I have to second Clickman, if you are getting the bug to work on cars these are great, I got mine with 53K miles in Nov and have learn and enjoyed working on it so much. Getting warm in the garage and the weather is nice for driving so I'm slowing down my projects. I will say though I got a great car, when I look back on the records from the previous owner it really has been a great car, above average in repairs. I have found things to do because I wanted to do them.

If you are really worried about the IMS either plan on replacing it or buy one with the fix already. Once you get the car you'll get hooked and find so many things you want to do, or maybe not, it depends on your requirements. In my case i wanted a car to work on. If you are interested I'll PM you the history of my car...you'll see most stuff was just fun.

I ended up getting new rims (18 inch) and really love the car...once you get used to a convertible and every cars unique rattles or squeaks you'll start just feeling the car. I like driving mine most at night on smooth winding roads, I could just drive it for hours. I find by the weekend I find excuses to go for a ride. For me it is addictive. I have a bad back so driving to work hitting the clutch all the time is not fun so I drive the Benz.

The hardest thing for me now is avoiding big hits like Aerokits and expensive headers and cats.

Good luck!
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote