View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
Jake D

Pics of Boxster with colored rims? Suggestions on painting my wheels

I'm looking for pics of boxsters with colored rims. Google search hasn't really brought any up.

The reason I'm looking is because my tires are getting thin on my black rims, and I have a brand new set of toyo's in my basement that fit my 18's that I have. The 18's need to be repainted as 2 of them were damaged. I already have black rims and although I think black would still look the best, I was thinking of painting my rims orange like the gt3 color, or possibly red. I want to stick to a color that wouldn't clash with the red calipers bad like green or tiffany blue would.

Give me your thoughts please.
I know its more ricey, but there are so many blacked out cars around here that I kind of want to mix it up some. I haven't seen another blacked out boxster, but when every cobalt and crappy impala is blacked out it kinda gets old.

Here are two and I stress REALLY crappy photoshop pics of my car that I did in just a few minutes.

If I went orange I don't think I would go with these graphics, but I was thinking more like the simple PORSCHE graphics that are on the new boxster spyder.

Or here is the wheels in red. I kind of like the red more,but I've seen more red rims on cars around here than I have orange.

If I did my wheels in orange then I would have two things that would be the same orange and black scheme... my car would almost match my bike. Haha