View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
JoeFromPA

My mechanic made me more comfortable around fuel a few years ago when I drove into his bay and he pulled the fuel rail and it poured all over the block and exhaust manifold. I jumped back and he said, "No spark, no fire. But ya gotta respect it. And if you hear a whoosh, duck and run."

Anyway, yeah, I don't know how it would've held for 1200 miles and then randomly popped off. And it's not the connection on the filter side - it's the one that's part of the fuel line.

Honestly, I could've reconnected it in 15 minutes flat. I took my time cause the boxster was on the side of the road and I had to jack it up close to traffic. I am far from a traditionally handy guy too. Just had to pop off the underpanel and move the center hardline running through the tunnel out of the way. Luckily, I have mediumish hands for a guy - I could just reach up there and snap it on.

I guess it's just one of those random things that can happen. Now to do detail it inside and out

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote