View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
rdougan

Alarm, central locking and windows won't work

Hi all,

I am having the exact same issues as this thread: Doors wont lock, windows dont work-help

I have tried replacing the C3 and D1 fuses to no avail.

The power windows drop 1" when opening and closing the doors, but that is it. They never drop when opening/closing the top or using the buttons.

The power window switches are a little sticky. I'm not sure if they work; is there a way to test? I have removed them and cleaned them with electrical spray including all the connectors, but it did not help. I tried using the heated seat switches (as I know they work) but it didn't work with them either.

When I try and lock the car from the key fob, on 2nd press, the horn sounds twice. I think this means that it thinks something is open? but nothing is open. The alarm sensors have no cover; I'm not sure if this is anything to do with it? (BTW, does anyone have a part number for them?)

All other fuses look fine. The fuse in the alarm box is also fine. No dampness/wetness under either seat.

I have no had the car long so I don't know if anything has been done recently to cause this. It still has the OEM radio.

Has anyone any suggestions?
rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote