View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean
to repaint a bumper is not that much money . there is literally a 1000 body shops near by where i live.
I am way to afraid to buy anything fiberglass for my car. even the high quality fiber parts need a ton of work and if it's a polyester based resin it will distort , crack and shrink over time no matter how good it was done. i wish someone did epoxy based body parts i would use them . I really like the RUF front bumper but they want 2300 shipped to my house plus paint and install . ouch !
I agree with you on the issue of fiberglass to the extent that there are varying degrees
quality between manufactures. It's been my experience that most of the European made products that meet TUV standards are far superior in term of quality and materials as compared to a lot of the domestically produced parts . On the other hand, there's nothing worse that a poorly designed aero part that's made from polyurethane; simply because there is little that can be done to tweak and manipulate said material in order to make it fit properly . I've seen several bumpers that were made from poly or PURIM that yielded a terrible fit . In which case you're SOL ! The Ruf bumper is an exception. It's very well made with excellent fit characteristics . With that said, one can amortize costs by simply not having to fuss with it .