View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
MN 986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky986yvr
Hi,
1.) Looking for a new top (Black) and I think I should go with glass rear window. Thoughts? The are some eBay list vendors to order from - anybody has history here?
2.) Need a new boot 1999/5 speed kit
3.) I have alot of paint chips thanks to a bloody dump truck on the hwy. Dr. Colour Chip - anyone has history?
4.) Want to install rear speakers - any leads?
5.) Looking for colour logo inserts for wheels

Thanks all . Much appreciate the help.

Scott

1 - Not sure what the issue is with your top and the glass window is nice but expensive (I recently installed a 2004 OEM top w/glass), but I have a black top and frame with a plastic window that I had replaced 2 summers ago if you are interested. Very easy to swap out the top/frame. It has the headliner, which your's may not if it is a 1999. PM me if interested.
2 - Do you mean the shift boot? I have the 2002 OEM 5 speed shifter and boot that I would throw in if you want the top.
3 - I have used DrColorchip with some success. It doesn't fill deeper chips without multiple applications, but I think it is worth the effort.
4 - Rear speakers add a nice sound, but I bought mine from the dealer at a discount a few years ago. I have heard about an upgraded kit from a guy named Harvey, and I think this is it: Ebay item# 220779627559
5 - Lots of center caps on Ebay, OEM and reproduction. I just bought silver with black OEM caps from EuroMotorspeed on Ebay and they look great, but I don't think they had the colored version.
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote