View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
yoda6936

GT3 bumper problems... I'm Frustrated!!!

Has anyone else ran into this issue!? I'm so frustrated!!! After seeing some recommendations from this site on the GT3 bumper from NR Auto, and talking to the NR Auto sales rep, I thought this would be a nice, high-quality bumper...

I bought this GT3 bumper for my 986 from NR Auto. The body shop repairing my car was hesitant about working with this aftermarket bumper before I even ordered it. When it arrived, they said it has too many waves and dings in the bumper, and that it would look horrible if they installed it. In addition, the instructions with the bumper said that the front reinforcement may need to be shortened to fit the bumper, which is illegal for shops to do (according to the shop)... thinking that it was this particular body shop being paranoid, I found a different custom Porsche shop that said that they could do the work. Well, after the second body shop took a look at the bumper, they said it would cost $1500 to install it and they were pretty sure it wasn't going to look as good as it should, because of the low-quality. And the third strike comes when the Porsche dealership happened to be in the shop, they evaluated the bumper and said it was completely unacceptable for a Porsche.

So, I called NR Auto to try and get a refund, and they claim that it's the area that I'm in (Colorado Springs, CO), and I had 2 options. 1) I pay $150 shipping back to the NR Auto and a 25% restocking fee ($324). Or 2) that they could paint it for me for $600 but I would have to pay for the shipping (again) to Cali and back to CO (~$300) and I would have to pay to get it installed somewhere in CO.

What to do... what to do...
yoda6936 is offline   Reply With Quote