View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
rdougan

New Porsche Owner - some questions

I recently bought a used 2001 Porsche Boxster S, 91k miles in California (where I live).

It was fairly cheap, but as a result of that, I am having some issues.

I have searched the forums and found some information, but nothing directly relating to these issues:
  • The central locking does not work. Pressing the lock butting on the key fob does nothing; if i press it twice/three times, the horn beeps twice, but nothing happens. Pressing the lock button inside the car does nothing. Locking the drivers side door locks the door, but not both doors. I am going to remove the drivers seat tomorrow and check the fuse in the alarm box. There does not seem to be any dampness around there, however.
  • Neither electric windows work. The buttons seem to be a little sticky so im unsure if it is the buttons or the windows themselves. When I open/close the doors, the windows do lower/raise a little as they should.
  • The clutch is slipping in high gears. Lame. In my old Nissan 240sx this was an expensive fix. I'm sure for the Porsche it'll be worse.. Estimates? I presume I need to fix the IMS issue at the same time..
  • I have no lock code for the radio. Dealer only fix?
  • The roof opening/closing is intermittent. It would not work earlier, and bashing the panel a little and then trying again fixed it. However it still randomly stops working sometimes. Parking light is on.
  • The passenger seat electric reclining adjuster button works going back, but not forward. It doesn't seem to push forward at all. :/
  • The two alarm sensors where the convertible "Push" lever is have no covers; is this correct?

Long list... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert
rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote