View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #14
Rfromet

Crod,

- When I am on the phone using the Pioneer bluetooth integration, if I turn off the car, the call drops, it does NOT 'transfer' the call back to the iPhone automatically.

Still does this, BUT that's a function of the phone, not the Avic. When you turn your car off, if the radio goes off, the phone thinks the call has ended. You can wire the unit so it stays on when the car is off (wire the power to the same fuse as the lighter). I believe there is a jailbreak for the iphone to correct this via cydia.

- When transferring contacts from the iPhone it is an ALL or NOTHING deal. I cannot select which contacts I want on the Pioneer unit. For someone with thousands of contacts this is a major issue. Plus the Pioneer receives then as LASTNAME FIRSTNAME and I cannot change that. Plus if I then want to call you I need to say 'Call Fromet Rick' what is stupid IMHO.

It still transfers all contacts, but you have the option of FIRSTNAME LASTNAME, OR LASTNAME FIRSTNAME. (I too have 1000 contacts, but it transfers them REALLY quickly).

- When I receive a call the stupid Pioneer unit does NOT pause the song playing. It mutes the music of course but once the call is done, you are probably several songs down on your list.

I'm not sure - I have to test this. I THINK it pauses the song because I haven't noticed this. I know that when you disconnect your iphone, and reconnect it, it starts up where you left off...

- Voice control: a major PITA. On the Parrot when I press the button to make a call it fires up the iPhone Voice control that works extremely well and at that stage I can obviously say 'Call Rick Fromet' and it works flawlessly. The current Pioneer unit does NOT allow me to fire up the Voice Control on the iPhone itself for calls. It fires up its own thing and then I have the issue above (the LASTNAME FIRSTNAME thing).

It uses its own thing, BUT it's WAY WAY WAY better recognition. I've had no problem at all just speaking normally (ie. "call Rick Fromet mobile").

The integration with the ipod side on this unit is AMAZING. It's how it should be on all devices...

Hope this helps!

Forgot to mention, the unit is A2DP, but ONLY with an iphone4, but you lose most of the search functionality. Basically, you control everything from your iphone in bluetooth audio mode (again, that's a function of the phone).

Rick

Last edited by Rfromet; 05-04-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Rfromet is offline   Reply With Quote