View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
promark420

Talking New 986 Owner, and a funny story

My stepmom has two cars: one is a 2001 Mercedes S-500, the other is a 2000 Boxster. The S-500 is a daily driver, and the Boxster is the sunny Sunday drive car. Consequently, her Mercedes has about 250,000 miles and it's about time to replace it.

My dad planned on selling her Boxster and trading in the Mercedes for a Panamera. Then I'm offered the deal of a lifetime: he'll give me the Boxster if I sell my 2002 Nissan Xterra and give him that money.

So as of yesterday, I am a proud owner of a 2000 Porsche Boxster. Silver, dark grey top, grey interior, 18" turbo-look rims, TC, sport package. I gotta say that this is very surreal, and driving it is even more surreal. I own a freakin' Porsche.

The problem is, of course, I am immediately that guy because I'm all of 27 years old.

Regardless, I wanted to buy her Boxster from her...eventually. I just didn't know my ownership would be this sudden or affordable. Two things I found funny about the switch: my insurance is cheaper now and I get better gas mileage.

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and it's a tremendously valuable resource. I already know about the RMS failure, oil discussions and Novus polish (which I just purchased on Amazon). I hope to read, participate and learn more about this amazing piece of engineering on here.

promark420 is offline   Reply With Quote