View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
husker boxster

Nothing Good Happens After 11pm

First, let me begin by saying I respect law enforcement. You couldn't pay me enough to walk up to a car I'd just pulled over - very scary with all the whacko nut jobs out there. Plus you could get run over by someone too busy talking on their cell. They put their life on the line every day. There's a pretty good chance I'm not going to die cutting code on the computer so I can't imagine the stress they go through every day.

Second, I don't go out much late at night. I'm 52 and single and I don't feel the need to hang out with 20 yr olds at the bar. I'm anal about the Boxster and late night crowds could do bad things to her. I don't have to go out and get drunk. Bottom line is I'm not out much after 11pm.

I got pulled over tonight because I made a left turn into the far right lane rather than the far left lane. I was driving the Cayman tonight. You'll recall I was pulled over last Aug with the Boxster for a rolling stop and had to do the full field sobriety test. Tonight all I had to do was follow the officer's finger, not move my head and coherently answer his questions. I was curtious and he let me go. I'd say I've been out late with the Porsches 4 or 5 times in the last 6 mo and now have been pulled over twice. I'm sure I'm not telling anybody anything new, but it really sucks that you get pulled over for all this penny-ante crap just because you have a fancy sports car. I know it's probable cause and they're looking for bigger prizes, but a Porsche kill must score big points in the precinct locker room. I don't mind the occasional stop (once every 5-7 yrs) but this is getting ridiculous. It takes the fun out of having a Porsche.

Guess I've got to end my dates by 10. Don't the old folks say that?
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote