Thread: Used Boxster
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 06:27 AM   #9
kiwiinneworleans

Same boat...

I am in the same boat right now - I had a 2000 selling private inspected at a dealer in Dallas this week. Came out all relatively good. I had a good chat to the guy who inspected it, and he gave me some good peice of mind about the condition of the car. Concerns I have are things like the idle pulley, clutch condition, general engine condition, any evidence of crash. The only thing that came up as "orange spots" was the rear tyres (about 6 months left on them), and the front brake pads (70% worn through). I reflected this in the offer to the individual and he accepted.

The inspection was $125, and they looked over the car for around 2 hours. The only thing they didn't do (which would have cost me around another $100) was to hook it to the computer - I was informed by them (and by another reliable source of mine later on) that this wasn't worth it, as if there were any codes up, it would show with the engine light.

So I fully recommend the pre purchase inspection. Realise that you probably won't find a perfect 2000 car with 45000 miles on it - what you are aiming for is the minor things to fix.... good luck!!
kiwiinneworleans is offline   Reply With Quote