Thread: Am i an idiot?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
Tobz

Am i an idiot?

Hi All,

I was complaining a few days ago that my clutch seemed sticky, I have since driven the car more and need to find out if im an idiot of if I have a problem.

What I have noticed is that as the RPM's increase, the time for the clutch to disengage after a gear change increases. That is, I rev to 5000RPM, push the clutch in, change gears, release the clutch pedal I notice a slight delay between releasing the clutch pedal and the gear engaging...(like a few milliseconds)

At 7000RPM this is made worse as its a few more milliseconds (1/4 of a second?) so the car is a little jerky during the gear change as I have released the pedal, but the clutch hasnt disengaged as yet (as my foot is reapplying the gas trying to accelerate the next gear when it hasnt fully engaged).

Am i just use to my old car or do I have an issue? If it is an issue, im presuming the first thing to do is to change the clutch fluid?

The car does have a new clutch etc, is it apart of the bedding in process?

I never really reved the car much before the service as I wanted it to be serviced before I had to much fun with it, so I have nothing to compare to. Also i have never owned a car with a hydraulic clutch system before.

Thanks for the help

Toby
Speed Yellow, 18 inch turbo rims
Canberra, Australia

Last edited by Tobz; 04-26-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Tobz is offline   Reply With Quote