Thread: Used Boxster
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 AM   #6
Brucelee

Talking

Most dealers will gladly print you out the warranty report. The seller should have invoices and receipts for all service work if he is the original owner.

Re the PPI, personally I would not buy a used Porsche without this unless I was buying a CPO one from a Porsche dealer. Hence, to my way of thinking, this is simply a way of insuring you are not buying a KNOWN problem. Costly but the cost of a Porsche mistake can be high indeed.

With a used car, it is the things that you cannot see or hear that often bite you.

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joji
I did the carfax report. everything was good on there. He had it serviced once a year plus normal oil etc servicing. I have to check on Monday with the Porsche dealer for maitanance and warranty records. Do they charge you for that. I am not tryinig to be cheap but the guy lives far away. It cost me almost a $100 in gas and tolls today to see it. If I have to do a PPI and pay for Dealer papers I might be up to $300 just to figure out if it is damaged. Maybe I should move on and find another seller unless someone has an idea about the sound coming from the gas spout area when the AC is on.
Maybe it is a common thing. easy to fix. or maybe not.

The price is very good and it is loaded .

but a messed up car will definetly cost more in the loong run.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote