View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
I usually get the cheapos and spend 40 each to have them cryo treated. They last 2-3x longer than oem for less $$$$. I use Evans cryogenic in Cumming, ga (no affiliation).
Sorry about highjacking the thread, but I was curious (and suspected others might be as well) about this cryo treatment process. (I found a place locally that provides this service as well. They do engine parts, rotors, and bunches of other applications, car-related and otherwise.)

Regarding rotors, other than changes (improvement) in wear characteristics, have you noticed any other changes, for better or worse? Do the brakes feel any different? Perform any differently? Would this be a process as helpful to people that don’t track their cars as well as those that do? (I don’t, as of yet, though that’s potentially subject to change. )

Have you done this with any other components of your car? The local place I was reading up on advertises doing everything from valve springs, wrist pins and connecting rods, on up to blocks and heads…even complete engines! Just curious what other applications you’ve used (or considered using)...
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote