Thread: cdr 220 radio?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
stinkboy

im not a very good diy poster but ill help. in the old days i installed my own stuff. even on my 79 z28 i installed everything so i have some experience.

heres what i can tell you. the stereo keys go in one way only. you use them as the pulling tool as well as the key. if the stereo hasnt been removed before the key will hurt your fingers a little so any kind of glove just for a minute wouldnt hurt.

you dont have to remove any cables to install the bas 1319 aux cable. i rested the deck on one corner and the top of my gear shifter with no issues. the aux cable end which is blue only goes in one way and you can hear it snap in as there is a plastic locking tab built into the connector itself like most connectors on anything. it is almost exactly like a telephone or rj45 ethernet jack. you know the clip and snap. it goes into the upper drivers side of the back of the stereo. it only goes in one way, if you put it in the wrong way and push too hard you will bend the metal tabs on the stereo. thats not a big deal either. get a small flat screw driver and push that back to straight. and put the aux connector in the right way.

fishing the 1/8" male jack end was no big deal, you do have to pull the carpet trim away from the center console under the dash. its the area by your foot in the center of the car. but it snaps in as well just pull on it and it will pop off. that gives you access and visual to the fishing of the wire down the back side of the stereo hole.

leave keys in stereo and put stereo back in the hole. when its almost 90% in and you can barely see the blue clips on the sides of the stereo that the keys are holding in. use a flat screw driver to push on the closest area to the front of the blue 1" very thin metal in the stereo head unit itself and pull out the keys on each side. slide the stereo the rest of the way in and you are done.

Last edited by stinkboy; 04-23-2011 at 07:05 AM.
stinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote