Thread: Roock
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
2TrunkSteve

Do your homework

I have been looking into a possible 3.4 conversion for my car for awhile. Reading Insite's thread, this may be more than I am willing to bite off. I came across an Ebay ad Roock had advertising the complete conversion for $16,500 (still available - Ebay item # 170549299498). I called and left a message with their answering service but never heard back.

Searching the various forums, I found a few happy customers and positive discussion, but I found a few that weren't happy. It appears they completed the jobs, but with issues and delays.

Given the amount of money this would cost, I think I'll save up and pay the premium to have Flat 6 Innovations do the work. I know they have some higher horsepower options beyond what I'm looking for. They also have EXCELLENT customer service. I recently had an issue with my car and called to talk with Jake. He took a 1/2 hour to discuss the issue with me knowing full well he wasn't going to get the repair business. After that experience, he's tops in my book and will get my business if I do the conversion. Beyond having the LN IMS retrofit, I have no affiliation with either.

There is a lot of problems that crop up with these conversions. There is also too much time, potential heartbreak and money at stake to accept anything less than perfect customer service.
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote