View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
paulv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBoxster
1) Moved O2 sensors from one side to the other - Still get P0430 code.
2) Just cleaned MAF sensor yesterday - waiting to see if code will pop up again. Never know how long it takes. Was replaced 2 years ago. Looked prestine.
3) Recently changed air/oil seperator.

thstone

I am not sure how I could check for exhaust or intake leak - Will google that. I 'm thinking I need a smoke generator of some sort though.

paulv - I must say you've thrown me for a loop in many of your diag suggestions.

You obviously have much more experience than I do. Are the items you detail relatively easy to do once I understand what they mean?
The P0430 most likely a 2 drive cycle code which means that you would have to drive twice (shutting it down, cooling off, start up again and drive a mix of idle and cruising) to see if the CEL will come on again with the same code.

Are the two aft O2 sensors still swapped?

And yes, the best way to find a leak is with a smoke machine. Any place (the cat convertor, near the O2 sensor, etc.) that will allow for air to come in will throw the reading of the aft O2 sensor off. Also check the wiring harness/connector to the O2 sensor.

From reading the code, did you get any freeze frame data? If you had it read at a parts shop, go back and see if the scanner they use provides FF data -- if so, get that info and post here.

Regards,
paul..
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote