View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
shlim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Also not surprising that the tip took longer to surface, these are typically run at significantly lower rpms than manuals, esp. when cruising.

It's true that the manual outnumbers the tip, but not by much and not until very recently.

Boxster production was virtually 50/50 manual vs. tip until '06. Production since has favored the manual and has tilted total Boxster production in favor of the manual, but only to about 52/48, that's what the local PCNA service rep told me.

There are loads of tips on the road folks. Maybe not so many on this forum, but they're out there.

Cheers!
I'm surprised that the tips run at a significantly lower rpm than manuals esp at cruising ?? I find that the tip is practically a 4 speed gearbox... it starts off on 2nd most of the time, unless its cold or when I'm in a big hurry off the bat and the gearing seems to be quite low on 5th gear. On the bright side, it makes it more spirited and the engine is sweet spinning at any revs anyway. But the downside is the fuel economy isn't that great on the highway.

I think alot of the tips went to ROW (speculation only).... I would think that there is only one manual for every 10+ tips.... here in Malaysia and Singapore. (viewed alot of boxsters while looking for one and now I can't stop admiring other people's box when it's parked ! And after one year, I've only seen and heard of one manual in Malaysia and one in Singapore !)
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote