Thread: WTB: Failed AOS
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
eldridge58

when the AOS fails it creates a suction from the sump which dumps massive amounts of oil directly into your intake. Thats why the first sign you get is a smoke screen like you've never seen not to mention an immediate check engine light or what happened to me the first time the car just died on the freeway. It will most likely wipe out your Mass Air Flow sensor $360.00 part. then gunk up your throttle body which must me thoroughly cleaned after. Next it will go through and can wipe out your O2 sensors which happend to me. you have four at $200.00 each. Next it can wipe out your primary cats which happened to me as well. porsche charges $1500.00 for each one. Next it can create a strong suction in your crankcase that can cause the RMS to fail which happened to me as well, thats a $1400.00 fix. I cannot stress enough to people to change the AOS every 40-50,000 miles. why not the part is only $96.00 from the dealer takes an hour to change, two at the most. Learn from me and all the thousands that i have lost from this stupid design.
eldridge58 is offline   Reply With Quote