View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #17
eslai

Wow, this thread's hoppin'!

First off, I still love the car and yes, I was prepared for the usual first-year car shenanigans, but transmission failure? Definitely not! Brand new transmission though... we'll see.

Especially since I'm pretty-damned nice to the tranny. I don't engine brake, I rev match all downshifts, I don't slam it into gear, I ease it into gear. I always use the clutch, I don't lug the motor, and I've never "launched" the car.

I have raced cars in the past and I know what it takes to break a transmission.

I agree with you bruce that it's probably a bad syncro. If the problem keeps on recurring hopefully they'll redesign it. I haven't heard any other reports of problems though. Hopefully I got a Friday Car or something...

I'm surprised to hear that so many of us have had problems with the stereo--my dealership had not received any of the kind of complaints that I had. I think that if you want to be nice to future 987 owners, you should all go to your dealership and report the problem! I'll let you all know if my replacement CD player still does this. FYI, I had the problem happen with any kind of CD--brand new, burned copy, old and scratched, perfectly clean--whatever. I saw the STOP message at least once a week but there are no stored fault codes in the stereo when they check it out.

My windstop didn't start rattling until about 4000 miles. The felt additions seem to have stopped the noise.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote