View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
BeachBum

Battery is dead, can't open the trunk(searched threads)

Hi Everybody. My car battery is dead and I can't open the trunk to charge the battery. I know, not a new thing on this forum. What I can't understand is on my 03 boxster S, it has a specific spot in the fuse panel where I can attach the positive end of the jumper cables to and the negative end to the frame and it is supposed to work. I used a battery charger as my source, but despite hooking it up and waiting 2 hours, I still can't open the trunk. My car battery charger has an indicator when it is charging and it never came on. I can't get into the wheel well in order to try to get at that cable everyone talks about and I can't remove the wheel in order to get there because my low profile car jack is---you guessed it---in the trunk. I purchased a battery charger/maintainer that plugs into the cigarette lighter but the manual said that if the battery was super dead, it wouldn't charge...which it didn't. Any thoughts? Anyone with experience with those cigarette lighter to cigarette lighter car chargers?

Thanks,

Greg

2003 Boxster S.... Schnell Short Throw Shifter, Xenons, 18" Carrera Lites, H & R Springs, 7mm/14mm spacers, Bose, Pioneer AVIC X710bt, Zeintop when it's cold
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote