View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
anti-bling

FIXED!!!! I really hope this helps someone in the future...this was A LOT of troubleshooting.

The issue wasn't the motor nor any sort of mechanical bind or break.

On my third day of searching the internet, i luckily came across a thread (on another forum) discussing water damage to the door wires on the '97 models. The rubber housing for the connector that connects door wires into the vehicle does not seal well on our vehicles. It allows moisture to enter the housing and rots the wires resulting in loss of connection. THER IT WAS! The red power wire to the window motor had just..well...turned into dust, right outside of the plug. You would never guess by looking at the rubber housing that there was water damage (it looks very clean), but once that plug was exposed there's rust, dirt, grime, etc. Almost all the wires show major signs of corrosion.

There was no recall on this mistake, but a porsche "suggested fix" way beck when. unfortunately it was never done on my car or MOST other '97s. I plan to purchase the replacement parts and fix the problem for good, but as of now i replaced the power wire and all works!

My car has always been garaged and never left in the rain. I suggest to all '97 owners to seal the rubber door wire housing (where it meets the car body) with any sort of adhesive sealant before you need to replace the connector. my 2 cents.
anti-bling is offline   Reply With Quote