View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
eslai

Not impressed so far, Porsche!

I bought my 987S in May. It has about 5300 miles on it.

So far:

1. Stereo was acting weird--it sometimes wouldn't recognize that it had a CD in it when I started the engine. They just replaced the stereo yesterday.

2. Rattle from a loose clip in rear quarter panel. Found and replaced.

3. Rattling windstop--added more felt padding, seems to have fixed it.

4. Not anyone's fault--but I had to replace a tire this week because I got a screw.

And now, the car's popping out of second gear on downshifts almost every single time, or I can let the car coast in second and if there's enough drag from the engine, it'll pop out of gear. It doesn't pop out of gear on upshifts when you're running through the gears.

I don't get it. I don't drive the car any differently than any of my other cars and this happens? I don't know what's up with the tranny. I don't hear any busted teeth on the gears, the best I can say is that it's getting caught up on the million-cone syncros and not actually fully engaging second gear. It doesn't feel any different than it ever had in the past however.

This is seriously killing my happy. Back to the dealership for the fifth time in four months.

Does anyone know if Porsche has a history of this sort of problem?

I can say one thing though--so far Pioneer Porsche's service department has been the best dealership experience I've ever had. I've had plenty of time to get to know them too.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote