View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
tonycarreon

yeah the old lights should have the plastic assembly that contains all of the bulbs. you'll have to reuse that. there's no way to just remove the old taillights with the housing (removing it from the wiring harness (the rectangular plug you talked about)) and plug the new lights in. they don't make that part real clear on their descriptions.

my depo lights came with two red/black wires connected to what looks like the male end of a bulb that gets plugged in to where the old bulbs were on the assembly from the old tail lights.

also you'll want to get some yellow bulbs for the turn signals since they're clear in the old tail lights and the housing is yellow. the depo (if you got the same ones i have) are clear. so your turn signal will just be white. i still have not replaced my clear light yet so when i turn on the signal the people behind me just see a white flashing light...

also, the glue on the rubber/foam seal around the tail light is kind of "iffy" and tends to want to twist and turn when it's installed. you'll want to take a little care with those since that is essentially the water seal to keep rain away...

which ones did you get? smoked? clear?