View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Gforrest2

I just bought an F150 myself. Probably not the smartest move as gas is near $4.00/gallon and the truck gets about 15 mpg on a good day.

My 2 cents:

You're not commuting now, but if you don't anticipate a long commute, keep the truck. It's paid for, sounds like it's running okay, relatively low miles (I bought mine with 72k on the clock), and should serve you fine.

Fix up the Boxster as time and money permits. At first, after joining this forum, I became paranoid abount an IMS failure. But now, I don't think it's as prevalent as others would lead you to believe. Will I change out my IMS? Probably. But I'm not going to do it as a stand alone project. I'll wait until the clutch goes and do them both at once. Now the water pump, what I gather is you don't want to wait for it to go. Mine has already been replaced by the previous owner so I'm not to worried about it yet.

And I don't think all these fixes are going to increase the resale by much if anything at all. I'd venture to say most owners don't even know what an IMS bearing is. I didn't. It would be good to have the service records for this work, but increasing the value? Hmmmm, maybe 10 cents on the dollar.